quinta-feira, 7 de julho de 2016

First of all,  I just wanted to go to U. S.  like anyone, but I received an incredible and better opportunity.
It all started when a friend told me about a program called Youth Ambassadors,  I was amazed due to the fact that I finally had found a program that fitted me in.
Consequently,  I applied for the program with the certainty that I could get into, though I wasn't selected. However,  I was selected to participated of the English Immersion Program.  Unlike a lot of people think,  it wasn't a consolation prize  It was the chance that I needed to understand the real reason to participate of this huge family.
On one hand,  I didn't travel to the U. S. to go shopping with 50 teenagers,  which is even justified because I don't have money to do that. On the other hand, I traveled to Brasilia to learn about teamwork,  leadership,  volunteer work and friendship.
When I look back,  I see how I needed this program neither because I needed to travel nor just to know a different city,  but to discover the values of work in communities also know that someone counting on me to change this world's societies by revolutionary actions.
In other words, all participants of EIP weren't chosen to a camp program just for fun but a program that aims at improving our knowledge about politics,  economy to make us capable of changing. That's the reason I'm proud to be an Immersioner.

-Laryssa Vieira / Rio de Janeiro

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário